Elixir-Tiki is Here!
So, we just got done implementing our brand new tiki menu, and it’s finally nice to step back and take a breath of fresh air. And, now that the hard work is over, the even harder job of continually executing this complicated menu has finally begun. But before we start on the grind, there are a few people that we have to thank.
– My beautiful, talented, amazing girlfriend Heather Palmateer for designing, illustrating, and laying out this amazing menu we’ll be using for the next few weeks from scratch. She did an amazing job and I couldn’t be more proud.
– Smuggler’s Cove, San Francisco, for teaching me that if you’re going to do tiki, you had better pay it the respect it deserves.
– Three Dots and a Dash, Chicago, for reminding me how fun group tiki drinks are. Oh, and that you better have at least one drink on fire.
– Jeff “Beachbum” Berry, for almost all of the classic cocktail recipes you’ll see on our menu. The man is a living tiki encyclopedia, and his books have provided countless amounts of reference material and information for everything we’ve been doing.
– Sven A. Kirsten’s “Tiki Pop,” a wonderful large format book full of reference material, including most of the old tiki menus we based ours on.
– Amazon, for providing free two-day shipping on inflatable palm trees.
– And lastly, I have to thank our wonderful bar staff in advance, (Ruairi, Diana, Sam, Rachelle, Ashley, Mike, Abby, Tim, and Josh), for executing these unnecessarily complicated drinks with equally complicated garnishes for the next few weeks. You can murder me in October, just wait until this menu is over.
See you downstairs,